International Sol D'Oro Competition
Sol d'Oro Northern Hemisphere Competition
Verona, 15-20 February 2017Sol d'Oro Northern Hemisphere is the world's most important blind tasting international olive oil competition. It is organised in Verona by Veronafiere as a preview for the Sol&Agrifood Quality Agro-Foods Exhibition.
The contest seeks to highlight and promote the best olive oil production in the world, thanks to a panel of international tasters to assess olive oils by category - Extra Virgin (delicate fruit, medium fruity and intense fruit), Single-Variety and Organic.
Guided tasting of olive oils taking awards exclusively for trade press will complete a week of work closing on the last day of the contest the announcement of Gold, Silver, Bronze medals and Special Mentions.
Various promotional activities will also be dedicated to award-winning olive oils during Sol&Agrifood itself:
- The list of winners will be promoted on the event website and through Italian and international foreign press releases.
- Publication of "The stars of Sol d'Oro" - the guide to the winners of the Northern and Southern Hemisphere competitions, with 500 copies distributed to buyers and journalists from Italy and abroad.
- free tastings in the Oil Bar
- guided tastings in the Mantegna Meeting Room
- Walk Around Tasting: business to business meeting with selected international operators dedicated exclusively to winners of Medals and Special Mentions attending the event as exhibitors
- Sol d'Oro Sticker: the seal certifying award-winning oils that can be affixed to bottles.
- Chefs on show: an event organised in collaboration with the Federation of Chefs during Sol&Agrifood where chefs prepare dishes taking Extra Virgin Olive Oil as the main theme and exclusively using the olive oils awarded with Special Mentions.
- Oliocibando: cuisine mini-courses during Sol&Agrifood exclusively using olive oils awarded with Special Mentions.
Winners edition 2017
- ORGANIC OLIVE OIL CATEGORY
- INTENSE FRUIT OLIVE OIL CATEGORY
- DELICATE FRUIT OLIVE OIL CATEGORY
- MEDIUM FRUIT OLIVE OIL CATEGORY
- SINGLE VARIETAL OLIVE OIL
- SOL D'ORO JAPAN
The winners of the previous editions